There are now 3 ways to get into library resources from off campus:
1. You can log into the library catalog and databases using the same login as MySCSU, eLearning Vista, and the campus lab computers. Please see the Password Reset form, or a OIT Service Desk for help with your network login.
2. You can also use your University ID number and Library PIN to login.
Note: If you have recently reset your password, the new password may take some time to "migrate" to the library login. Please try your old password, or use the Library PIN or Remote access in the meanwhile.
- Use the login boxes on the LEFT at http://www.consuls.org/patroninfo, the Login or My Record link in the CONSULS Library Catalog, or the databases login screen.
- Enter your Network Username and Password (MySCSU/Vista login).
- Be sure to pick the correct campus!
- Click the Submit button.
- Problems with your Network Login need to be directed to the IT Helpdesk.
If you mistype and need to try again, the campus choice will reset to Central. Be sure to choose the correct campus on each attempt.
Video tutorial on creating a Library PIN (Flash plugin required).
- Create your Library PIN at http://www.consuls.org/patroninfo, the Login or My Record link in the CONSULS Library Catalog, or the databases login screen.
- Enter your ID number in the login boxes on the RIGHT.
- Leave the PIN box blank and click the Submit button.
- If you have a current library account and you do not have a PIN, you should get a form to create a PIN.
- Your Library PIN should be at least 6 characters long, and use numbers, letters, or both. The library PIN is not case sensitive. DO NOT use "special" characters, such as *, #, or ! DO NOT use repeating patterns (such as 121212 -- dates are sometimes a problem, Jan 1, 1999 = 010199, for instance). You will need to enter the exact PN in both boxes.
- Click Submit.
- If you get an error message about your PIN being "not complex" enough, try a different PIN. Remember, do not use "special characters" or repeating patterns.
- If you get an error message about "invalid" or "expired" entries, you may already have a PIN (possibly created by accident) or your library account may be blocked. For "invalid" entries, try the "Forgot your PIN" link below the PIN box. That will send a message to the email we have on file. If you do not get an email, or get a different error message, call the Circulation Desk at 203-392-5756 to check the status of your account and/or to delete an old or accidentally created PIN.
3. An alternative route into the databases from offcampus is available through the campus Remote server. You will still need to log into CONSULS to view e-reserves, and request and renew books.
- Log on to https://remote.southernct.edu/ using your Network username and password.
- In the upper right, type library.southernct.edu into the Browse box and click the Go button.
- Go to the databases and search without having to log in again!
Note: You will not be able to follow any links that go outside the databases or campus website. For outside links, open a new window or tab in your browser and copy the URL's into this new window/tab.
Accessing the Remote server on campus may provide different options than off campus access.