Thursday, May 26, 2011

Frequently Questioned Answers

As you've undoubtedly noticed (anyone who is still following my blog) I've not been posting much. I always said that this was an experiment in distance learning communication, and I think so much has changed that I need to change the parameters of my experiment. Or maybe that's scrapping the whole thing and starting new.

My intentions for this blog was to provide a newsletter sort of thing, with resources, explanatory articles, news, etc. I think there are better ways of doing that now. I post to Twitter and Facebook (and none of that content requires an account to view), collect links in Delicious, and post content for the library in LibGuides. There is a Library Facebook page for library news (again, viewable without an account). The Library will probably experiment with other methods of "getting the word out" too. I also have a separate blog that I've irregularly collected reviews and information about online tools.

So what do I do with this blog?

Well, the first clue is the title. I'm changing it from Frequently Answered Questions to Frequently Questioned Answers. I want this space to be a place where I can speculate about issues regarding distance learning, and, hopefully, question some of the assumptions that we make regarding distance education, distance library services, and probably education in general.

So, yes, I'm going to get all philosophical on you. At least sometimes.

If that's not what you want to hear, please feel free to follow some of the other links I've listed above. If you're interested in occasionally hearing about something intriguing, that might make you think about education in a different way, please stay around. I'll also try and post more often, and to post the updates to my Twitter and Facebook accounts, so there's no real reason you have to actually visit this blog (as those who will read this on my Facebook Notes will already have realized, assuming you even noticed that I was importing the posts at all!)

What topics might I write about? Given the previous Facebook example, the interconnectedness of networks and resources will be a topic. Personal Learning Networks. Open Education and Open Educational Resources. Things that aren't capitalized.

So, another experiment. Let's see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home