Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Library closed--Water main break!

Last night at about 2 am we had a water main break at the library. The building is closed today and possibly tomorrow (which would be a short day, and Thursday starts the Thanksgiving break, see Library Hours). No news of damages yet (update: see below).

I will be online on and off the computer today, so if you need assistance, feel free to email me or check the Contact page to see if I'm available for IM/chat.

I will post updates as I hear the news.

Update: The library will be closed Wednesday, Nov. 22 as well. The lower level (periodicals, microfilm, storage, and some staff offices) was flooded. About 55,000 books, plus microfilm, periodicals, and artwork are going to Document Reprocessors (I think this is the right company) for freeze drying. A month is the estimated recovery time.

We are still scheduled to be open this weekend, but only if the drying and air testing is satisfactory. Check the SCSU website or call the SNOWline (392-7668) for more info.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home