Friday, July 25, 2008

Upgrades, outages, ebook downloads, and vacation

A little bit of everything in this post.

First, there will be some minor upgrades in Blackboard Vista during our usual Sunday (7/27) morning (6-10am) maintenance.

Second, Banner will be down on Sunday (7/27), technically from 11:30 pm Sat (7/26) to 11:50 pm Sun (7/27).

Third, I forgot to announce the World Ebook Fair this year, but there is still time. The Fair collects in one place over one million ebooks, text and audio, all available for download between July 4 and Aug 4. Some of these are collections that are normally free, like the Internet Archive, Project Gutenberg, and government reports, but others are commercial products offering free and discounted ebooks especially for the fair. Many languages are included, both fiction and nonfiction, even sheet music from the IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library.

Fourth, I'm going on vacation for the next week, and then the week after that (Aug 4-8) I'll be busy with the campus SummerTech Faculty Technology workshop. I will keep an eye on my email, but I don't promise to respond right away! I'll try and remember to check my voicemail, too, but I'm really bad about that. So if you need to get in touch with me, use email. Library access problems should go directly to the reference desk, (203) 392-5732 or eref@southernct.edu.

So, instead of using Vista or Banner this Sunday, download some ebooks, and I'll "see" you all in a couple of weeks!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home